Monday, April 2, 2012

New projects

Now that the bra book is complete, I can start one of my many other projects. I've started by putting together a pattern and sewing tutorial that is a stand alone from the lingerie books. Each tutorial I'll be doing is for a specific design and will utilize the basic patterns I have available on my website.

This is the first design. I made it to fit me and I realized that I have no good way to photograph it. I have a mannequin but it is a size small and this is a large. Maybe I should make my samples in small. The only issue is I want to wear it!

This is the back. It is super cute. I think I want to name it "Super Hero," just because it looks like something Wonder Woman would wear if she were to glam it up. It has a ruffle elastic that spans from the front leg to the center back.

My graphic designer, Tania, is working on a layout design for the tutorials. I think I will make them available for $2.99 per tutorial and also make them available for e-readers. The patterns won't be included, otherwise the price would have to be higher. This way I am able to make the tutorials more affordable. I plan to have a couple prep tutorials available for free with a few basic sewing tutorials.

I know some people would prefer I do video, but honestly, I think it would be a pain in the butt to have to keep hitting pause as you are doing the steps.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good idea, perhaps make up the small and put it up for sale on Etsy/ bigcartel?

    ReplyDelete